Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A beautiful day

So today was completely unexpected.  We began by awaking early and heading to Port Shepstone Secondary and found out that many of the kids had a field trip today.  So this morning we were able to get with the South Africans who were serving and get to know them instead.  We had a blast and it gave us a better perspective that we are serving on a much larger team this week. 

We then headed to the Creche and were able to meet some of the sweetest little children ever! After playing with them, coloring with them, feeding them and laughing a lot, we headed on to Murchison for the afternoon. Our students are having a blast with the kids at Murchison!  We had song time today, and even had another mission team stop by (from St. Louis) to let our students show them how its done at the reading room.

We ended the night by having dinner with Lynn and Gary Brackley.  Lynn is an employee of Genesis whose main focus is on supporting and overseeing all the student ministries that Genesis runs.They really are a lovely couple and took us to see the final few minutes of a Rugby match!  What a game!  We cannot wait for what tomorrow brings as our students are really beginning to deepen their relationships, especially at Murchison.  We look so forward to what God is going to do and is doing through these relationships!

8 comments:

  1. Really enjoying reading the posts and seeing pictures. Tell Kevin that Paige and I love and miss him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also loving the posts and pictures!! Tell Austin that we are all so proud of him! We are praying for all of you daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics, thank you for taking time to post them for us,it's so good to see Bekah out of her bedroom, much less is Africa,actually breathing fresh air! I try to get her to hike with me on the dirt trails,and she just looks at me like- "are you serious, mom?" I know that everyone you come into contact with will feel your care and love for them. You are beautiful on the outside and on the inside.I pray you just bring giggles and laughter to those kids. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and Bekah's mom gives a shout out to Vivian too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I can see all of our beautiful kids faces. I know Raquel is in the picture because of the red shoes. Tell her hi. I am so thrilled to see all of these pictures and posts.thank you and I know that God is in control

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing and pure joy these kids are giving and receiving. Thank you, Jesus. This is the real meaning of by losing your life you gain it. I
    Wish everyone could experience what you'll are. Boone, I am so proud of you!! So glad everyone is doing well and will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love the photos and updates. Keep them coming! Andrew, I heard your message and loved it :) So sorry I missed your call. Dad and I sure miss you and are looking forward to hearing all about what you are doing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the updates! Jamie, I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete