Thursday, March 17, 2011

So sorry...

That we are continuing to have some internet connectivity issues.  This post is a bit late, but it involves all that we did on Wednesday. 

Wednesday started out wonderfully as we began at Port Shepstone Secondary.  Many of our students have mentioned that this is the day that their students began to open up to them.  Many great conversations are being had within our groups and we are excited as they continue. 

The afternoon in Murchison was incredible.  We not only played with the kids, but several other things happened.  During our Bible Story time, we shared about what Christ has done on the cross.  Then our craft was the salvation bracelet.  While we did not have them raise their hands (its difficult through the translator), I know that we can lean on God's promise that his Word will not return void.  Andrew Seward also shared a devotional time with the guys who work out at the gym.  While Andrew believes it did not go well, I spoke with Steve Flippo (our missionary) and he told me that while he could tell he was nervous,  Andrew did fine!  Praise the Lord our students are stepping out of their comfort zone!




Pray for today as our students are officially leaving Murchison as I type.  This will be an emotional time, and one our students will not forget the impact that God used Murchison to have on their life.

3 comments:

  1. I was so glad to get a new posting and some pics,I know that God is using what you have to make an impact in those kids you are ministering to.Oh and another thing,tell Bekah that I've checked with the South African gaming commission, and they have informed me that she will not be allowed to bring a baby giraffe back to the states.But let her know I did make some phone calls,and if she can create a clever disguise for the animal,she might be able to get away with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the red Toms! Great to hear that the trip is going well. See you Sunday--Jim and I will be filling in for Leslie. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving the baby giraffe idea. I bet they can figure something out. that is a lot better than what my mother wanted Raquel to bring back..........a blood diamond. She isnt saved so we just keep praying for her.

    ReplyDelete